NUT

Nut - Invoking the Goddess Oracle and Action

Nut is the Egyptian Sky Goddess. She is the great mother of the cosmos. Her body is filled with stars. She gives birth to the sun, swallows it at dusk and gives birth to it again at dawn. She is known as the protector of the dead and her image was painted on the inside lid of the sarcophagus. Osiris - king of the dead, climbed a ladder to reach her protection. This ladder known as maqet became one of her sacred symbols. 

Hymn to Nut from the pyramid text of Pepi:

O Great One who became the sky 
You are strong 
You are mighty 
You fill every place with your beauty
 The whole earth lies beneath you 
You possess it
 As you enfold earth and all it's creatures in your arms so take me
 Make me an indestructible star within your body 


The Star - Tarot de St. Croix

In The Star tarot card, I painted Nut over her daughter Isis' temple in Philae. In Egypt the rains arrive when Sirius shines in the night sky, bringing fertility to the land. The Star brings a time of renewal and inspiration with the outcome of success. The Star offers hope for wishes to manifest. 

"The Wish" Oil on panel, 36" x 24"


One of my wishes for many years has been to go to Egypt and visit Isis' temple. My wish is manifesting, I am making this trip in May 2020. 

In my deck - Invoking the Goddess Oracle and Action, Nut speaks to you saying:

I am the celestial vault
The vast cosmos
Enfolding the whole world and every creature
In my loving embrace
All eventually return to me as a star within my body
Climb the ladder into the great mystery
I will guide and protect you

The action is:
Mystery
Travel from one realm to another
Trust the journey 



Purchase Invoking the Goddess Oracle and Action here