MAWU


Mawu - Invoking the Goddess Oracle and Action

Mawu is the African Moon Goddess who birthed the world and all its creatures into existence. Mawu is generous, nurturing, abundant and creative. She brings balance, harmony and life giving energy. She is the Goddess of motherhood, pregnant with life. 

As a child growing up in Africa, I often witnessed mothers carrying their infants on their backs. As a baby, I too was nestled in a blanket against the back of my nanny's heart, as she worked. This closeness profoundly affected my being and became a recurring theme in many of my paintings.


Mother and child, oil on canvas 36" x 36"


Nanny Margaret - Visual Journal

In my deck - Invoking the Goddess Oracle and Action, Mawu speaks to you saying:

I am the Moon, the Mother of Earth
Creator of all life
In the Coolness of night
By the Moon's brilliant light
Make generous love
Be pregnant with inspiration
Give birth to passion
Nurture your Creation

The Action is:

Creativity
Watch the sliver of inspiration 
Wax to the fullness of creation
   



Purchase Invoking the Goddess Oracle and Action here