IXCACAO


Ixcacao - Invoking the Goddess Oracle and Action


I have to admit I took a chance in creating this card for my deck Invoking the Goddess Oracle and Action. Ixcacao is not the name of an actual Goddess but being the lover of chocolate, one who worships the divine nectar, I decided to include her. Who is to say anyway, when a Goddess was invented and where the name came from? Someone came up with the idea and it took on life and gained a following. Please forgive my hubris but I think it's time for us to birth this Goddess. I know there are millions of worshipers out there!

There is evidence of Cacao deities, in Central America such as this one from the Museo Popol Vuh in Guatemala. This statue dates to the Late Classic/early Post Classic Mesoamerican timeline. The cacao pods are a very specific type of cacao that Mesoamericans highly prized. You can see that I used it as a model for my depiction with the cacao pods hanging around the body and the pot that probably held cacao elixir on the head. I did make my version a lot sweeter though - I like a little sugar in my chocolate.


Museo Popol Vuh in Guatemala

In my deck Invoking the Goddess Oracle and Action, Ixcacao says: 

I am Earth Woman, abundant and fertile
 Goddess of the Cacao tree
 Cacao Woman, Chocolate Goddess
Savor my rich deliciousness
 Banish hunger
Feel your heart expand
Your energy rise
Luxuriate in the senses

The Action is:

Treat 
Give yourself the gift of pleasure
Life can be sweet.

Purchase Invoking the Goddess Oracle and Action here