SIX OF WANDS - Inspiration

Imbolc is the holiday celebrating the cross quarter day that falls half way between winter solstice and spring equinox. I'mbolg is an old Gaelic word meaning in the belly. This day is also sacred to Brigid - the Celtic Triple Goddess of creativity who ignites the flames of inspiration. Candlemas is the catholic version of this holiday where the year's candles are blessed. 

In my Six of Wands tarot card Brigid is portrayed as a mother with a babe in the belly, a maiden and crone holding lit candles. Three people of different ages light their own candles from those of the triple Goddess. The candles become wands and the flame is the symbol for creative inspiration. 

The meaning of Six of Wands: Through the ability to inspire others; there is a mutual opening to the divine essence of creativity.

Many years ago I participated in a ceremony conducted on Imbolc where we lit a candle from one which had been charged in Kildaire - the convent in Ireland that is dedicated to Brigid, where her sacred fire has burnt for thousands of years predating christianity. I have relit several other candles from the charged ones - each time a new wave of inspiration ignites in my life. 

On this Imbolc eve - two blank canvases stand waiting for the first brush of inspiration. A mass mailing of my eWorkshop will be sent out soon after midnight with the intention of inspiring creativity and igniting relationships. Divine inspiration will come through the tarot spread I offer. But first I will light a new candle from Brigid's sacred flame. Blessed Be.