FOUR OF PENTACLES

When I thought about what to paint as the Four of Pentacles I kept seeing a child building a sand castle on the beach. I had a moment of doubt as this is an unusual image for this card. But  as I am trusting all messages and visions that come to me in this process of creating the Tarot de St. Croix I painted it knowing that it's meaning would become clear.   


In this moment the child is the Emperor of her domain with the surety of her castle well under-way. Yet, there is some-thing very tender about the concentrated effort which is so temporary. The ability of a child to focus on creating a structure that only exists in the moment is a good lesson in not holding on too tightly to our plans and possessions. Instead we should enjoy the process of creating and allow the project to change as it will.