VIII STRENGTH

It is my birthday today and my year card is Strength. It was pure synchronicity that I pulled it as the next card to paint. A couple of years ago when I was visiting my family in South Africa we visited a game reserve. We encountered two lions mating. It is an all day affair, they mate then rest then mate again. At one point the lion looked directly into my eyes and we held our gaze for several seconds. It was the most amazing experience, an awakening of something deep in my soul. Since then my whole life changed. I had been a rather timid, shy, introvert. I have become more assertive, much stronger and able to lead. This coming year I face all sorts of wonderful new experiences where I will need this Lion energy. The Strength card gives us permission to be our most magnificent selves, totally at ease in the world; confident and brave.