DEATH


Tonight is Samhain - Halloween. In many cultures it is a time to honor the dead. I spent the weekend attending the Land of Enchantment Tarot Symposium. We did many spreads around the Death card. We built an altar to honor our loved ones who have passed on. I placed two of my paintings on the altar, one of my mother and one of my grandparents. When it is said that the veil between the worlds is thinnest at this time. I understand it to mean that we can communicate with our ancestors.
A strange thing happened - a woman I had met at the symposium and who looked remarkably like my mother told me two stories. She was black Irish, their linage traced back to Egypt. My mother had Irish blood and was dark with olive skin. She said my mother was most probably black Irish too. Suddenly I understood my connection to Isis more clearly. The second thing she told me was to look up the story of the de St. Croix family in France, something about Rosicrucians and Masons. Shocked and intrigued I told her my grand father had been a Rosicrucian and The Worshipful Master in the Masonic Lodge in South Africa. She would tell me no more - said it was a fantastic story I needed to discover on my own. I feel as if my mother and grandfather are indeed just beyond the thinnest membrane of time helping me unlock the mystery.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uaeKp7pX_A&feature=relmfu