HIEROPHANT

The Hierophant represents spiritual authority. Typically this card shows the Pope but many people including myself have a negative feeling about the power wielded by that role. As I meditated on the card I had a clear visual of the Dalai Lama. Here was a leader who used his status to spread a message of love, hope, compassion and acceptance. As I began my card, everyday I found quotes and newsflashes about the Dalai Lama. He is currently on tour in the United States speaking at many graduations and stadiums. Even though he represents Tibetan Buddhism he speaks for all humanity. His morality is not reserved for his followers but embrace all sentient beings. Now here is a Hierophant to lead us. This card tells us to pay attention to spiritual teachings... May all beings be happy. May all beings be free from suffering.