Eric Lerner www.radiantspleen.com
Conversations with Creatives – An Interview with Lisa de St. Croix
Conversation with Lisa about the Tarot de St. Croix
Tarot de St. Croix
Created by Lisa de St. Croix
(Commentary by Arnell Ando)
Tarot de St. Croix © 2013
* Available - March 2014
* 78-Card Deck & Book, Boxed Set
* Major Arcana: Roman Numerals & Traditional Titles
* Strength is Card VIII and Justice, XI
* Traditional Suits: Wands, Cups, Swords & Pentacles
* Court Cards: Page, Knight, Queen & King
* Cardstock: Semi-Gloss, Standard Thickness (300 gsm)
* Card Back Design: Mirror Image - Reversible
* Card Size: 3" x 4.5" (7.6 x 11.4 cm)
* Art Medium: Original Oil Paintings on Boards
* 96-Page, Soft-Cover Booklet, Full-Color
* Comes in Sturdy 2-Piece Box
* Self -Published with Indie Publishing House - Devera - Spring 2014
* ISBN: 978-0-9858321-9-3
Lisa de St. Croix was born in
The rich oil paintings of Tarot de St. Croix transcend time to portray the tapestry of life and the journey of the soul through it. I was inspired by the world I witness, my visions and synchronicity. My time traveling and living amongst different cultures is represented in vibrant colors and symbology. The images hold the energy of the universal archetypes.
Tarot de St. Croix - Leslie Cochran
I am blessed to be in possession of Lisa de St. Croix's Tarot de St. Croix , a deck of 78 cards, beautifully reproduced from Lisa's paintings. The boxed set with booklet and warm toned palette feature her Sun Card - a woman in shadow/silhouette cupping the sun disk amidst a profusion of sunflowers. This joyful Sun card is a warm and welcoming prelude for us to settle in and enjoy the journey.
The Moon: a diving woman reaches into the deep sea to touch the full moon, between the two columns from the High Priestess card, each column crowned with a pink water lily. A crescent moon gleams above. It's a beautiful card that shimmers with layers of color and depth. Lisa writes about a trauma she experienced "There is something very profound about being so swamped by feeling, I feel surrounded by spirit."
If we allow ourselves to feel our emotions, instead of drowning in them, we can come to understanding and healing. I love the details on this card, the splash where her dive broke the surface, the air bubbles (which remind me to 'breathe'!) And of course the lovely bright pink water lilies - an unexpected delight.
There is that seed of positivity, a reminder, in this card. In it we can almost see raven going through that thought process as she/he peaks through the swords at the yellow desert sands, far hills and endless clear blue skies.